Our Culinary Adventure Continues
Eating our Way through a Temple Education
Event Date: 3/27/2019
Last November, I wrote a blog post about a new culinary adventure that my first born and I are embarking on. And while my blog posts have not kept pace, Drew and I have stuck with my plan to eat our way through Philadelphia while he attends Temple University. I find myself looking forward to stealing time to head down to Philly and enjoy lunch with Drew. Already more than a semester in and I have seen my son grow and thrive at Temple, fully embracing college life. These lunches are certainly more that just some tasty eats, as we are creating some memorable father-son experiences along the way. Here is where our culinary adventure has taken us so far:
- Jimmy G’s Steaks (I told you they might not all be fancy spots!) - With a location close to Temple and since cheesesteaks happen to be one of Drew’s favorite foods, of course this had to make the list.
- Standard Tap - A popular Northern Liberties restaurant for years, this restaurant offers more than your standard fare, with menus that feature seasonal ingredients, local produce and locally-produced draft beers.
- Distrito - A restaurant located in West Philly and inspired by Mexico City, the menu features tacos, enchiladas and fajitas.
- Cheu Fishtown - This restaurant is a cool ramen bar serving noodles and Asian food with an eclectic atmosphere.
- Spuntino - Located in Northern Liberties (and Doylestown), what’s not to love about this pizza joint - and look at that oven!