Homemade Roasted Butternut Squash Tortellini with Sage Brown Butter
Fresh and Flavorful Italian - Family favorites for the season
2 cups roasted butternut squash
2 cups ricotta cheese
50 rounds fresh pasta
1 stick butter
2 tablespoons fresh sage
Grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
- Add butternut squash and ricotta to a mixing bowl; stir to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, place pasta rounds on a clean work surface. Place a dollop of filling in the center of each. Brush edges with water and fold into a half-moon; pinch edges, squeezing out any air, to seal. Using your finger, moisten one end of the half-moon with water. Bring both ends together to form the tortellini, pinching to seal. Place on a well-floured sheet pan.
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil; cook the tortellini until tender. Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in a saute pan; cook until lightly browned. Add sage; cook 30 seconds. Add tortellini; toss to coat, adding some of the cooking liquid as needed to thin the sauce.
- Toss in parmesan; adjust seasoning.